What we offer?
We support individuals’ access to their full benefit entitlements. We provide advice and
support to clients in applying for:
• Universal Credit / Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
• Income Support / Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Personal Independence Payment (PIP) / Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
• Housing benefit / Carer’s Allowance / Attendance Allowance
• Pension Credit
• Any Other Benefits Entitlements / Benefit Checks
We also provide general advice on wide ranges of issues (including housing advice, debt, employment and consumer issues as well as making phone calls on their behalf, writing/reading/ explaining and translating their letters). We also take action helping clients in order to move their cases on to the Appeal Tribunal Service.
Many people with mental health conditions as well as language and lack of knowledge of benefit system barriers can find it difficult to understand and access the complex benefits system and to get the support they need. At Derman, we strive to ensure that everyone with experience of mental health difficulties or any other barriers has access to support and that they are treated fairly and with respect.